Our certified quality and service
Are you wondering how do you go about finding a reliable and reputable company?
When thinking about the safety and day‑to‑day functioning of your garage door, you want piece‑of‑mind with your investment. No hidden prices, a company that will stand behind its warranty, professional installation and confidence the company will ‘do what they said they will do’.
The Door Company believes in excellence and has been awarded the RenoMarkTM designation. Here are 10 great reasons why you should hire a RenoMarkTM professional for your home renovation projects:
- RenoMarkTM members are professionals. They are committed to their industry and to their businesses.
- RenoMarkTM members have legitimate business licences. They do not support the underground economy of renovators who avoid paying taxes and operate “fly‑by‑night” and “cash only” businesses.
- RenoMarkTM members are informed. Our members are the first to know about changes in building codes, municipal requirements, health and safety regulations and more through our courses, information sessions, and communications program.
- RenoMarkTM members are “in‑the‑loop”. It makes sense to hire a renovator that is part of an extensive home building and renovating industry network. Our members are in touch with manufacturers, suppliers, and experienced sub‑contractors. They know what’s new and where to get it.
- RenoMarkTM members offer peace‑of‑mind. Joining the RenoMarkTM program is your sign that a renovator is concerned about fair and honest quotes and reliable start and finish dates. They understand that keeping the lines of communication wide open is the key to a successful job.
- RenoMarkTM members comply with the association’s general code of ethics applicable to all members plus a renovation‑specific code of conduct. It’s all about integrity. Our members believe in treating not only their clients appropriately, but also deal fairly with its employees.
- RenoMarkTM members offer a wealth of advice. Put them to work for you in the planning stages of your renovation. Members can offer design and technical advice to achieve designs you may not have thought possible. They are one call away.
- RenoMarkTM members take care of the details. Hiring a professional means that the details like ensuring all employees have Workers Compensation Board coverage, necessary approvals and permits are in place, and obtaining the appropriate insurance are not only taken care of, they are readily available to you for your assurance.
- RenoMarkTM members offer a warranty. A contractor committed to professionalism will offer you the coverage you need. Under the table deals leave you no recourse – so make sure your renovator spells it out on paper. Members can also provide you with a written list of referrals so you can check on their performance and expertise.
- RenoMarkTM members are part of a Ontario Home Builders Association – a crucial first step in knowing that you’ve hired a professional.
Garage door care & maintenance
We recommend that our customers perform annual maintenance checks on their doors – our service team can assist you. Here are a couple of useful manuals:
- Garage door installation manual.
- Instruction manual for low headroom front mount applications.
- To keep your new door warranty valid please follow our care and maintenance instructions.
The garage door photo eye sensor is one of the most common problems we encounter when servicing customer calls where the garage door is not closing. We recommend you ensure there is nothing blocking the photo eyes from seeing each other and that the lights are on — one green and the other yellow/orange. If they are not then they may need to be re‑aligned.